This Cinnamon Applesauce Bread is easy to make and one of our favorites. The spices give this bread a wonderful flavor and it keeps well too. I love to warm up a slice, add some butter and enjoy with a cup of coffee. This bread would be the perfect addition to any brunch!
- https://51dcc5b4c3a82a3aef8475379b7ae5d5.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup walnuts chopped and divided (could use pecans)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- https://51dcc5b4c3a82a3aef8475379b7ae5d5.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.htmlBeat egg, applesauce, brown sugar, milk and oil together in bowl. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix until all ingredients are wet. Fold in half the walnuts and the raisins.
- Pour into a 9 x 5 loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle the rest of the walnuts on top of the batter. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan at least 10 minutes.