Quick And Easy Christmas Breakfast Casserole Is Packed Full Of Savory Flavor. The Best Part Is It Doesn’t Require Many Ingredients…Or Time!!
Get back to the fun quickly on Christmas morning by having this delish casserole prepped the night before. Simply throw this tasty tray into the oven to bake! Try serving with Easy Fruit Salad and Yogurt Fruit Dip and maybe an Orange Juice Smoothie!
- 1 lb ground pork sausage or maple sausage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1-1 1/2 c half and half
- 6 slices white bread toasted and cut into cubes
- 2 c cheddar cheese shredded
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish, set aside.
- In a skillet cook the sausage over medium heat until browned, drain.
- In a medium bowl mix the salt, eggs and half and half. Then add the sausage, bread cubes, and cheese. Stir together until evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Cover with foil and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F . Bake the casserole covered for 50-60 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325°F. Uncover the casserole and bake for 20-30 additional minutes or until casserole has set.