- These chocolate truffles are made with a dark chocolate ganache that’s shaped into balls and rolled in an assortment of toppings. Homemade truffles are easy to prepare and make for a super impressive dessert option for any event.
- 16 ounces semi sweet chocolate finely chopped, can also use dark or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- assorted toppings such as sprinkles, finely chopped nuts and cocoa powder
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl.
- Place the cream in a sauce pan over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until cream is steaming, but not boiling.
- Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate. Let the mixture sit for 3 minutes.
- Stir the cream and chocolate together until a smooth and shiny ganache forms. If you have any lumps of chocolate in your ganache, you can microwave the bowl of chocolate for 20 seconds, then stir again until smooth.
- Cover the chocolate mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
- Scoop out 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture and roll it into a ball. Repeat with the remaining chocolate. If the chocolate gets too soft and starts to melt, you can chill it until it becomes easier to work with again. I recommend using gloves as your hands will get dirty!
- Roll the balls of chocolate in the toppings of your choice. Place the truffles on a sheet pan lined with parchment and chill until firm. After the truffles are firm, you can transfer them to an airtight container.
- Store your truffles in the fridge, and place the truffles at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before you plan to serve them.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg