- 1quart (4 cups) fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2cup sugar
- 2cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/3cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 2/3cup milk
- 2tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2cups Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
Prevent your screen from going dark while you cook.
- 1In medium bowl, toss strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar until coated. Let stand 1 hour.
- 2Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cocoa, 2 tablespoons sugar, the milk and butter until soft dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by about 1/3 cupfuls onto cookie sheet.
- 3Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until tops of shortcakes appear dry and cracked. Cool 15 minutes. Using serrated knife, split warm shortcakes. Fill and top with strawberries and whipped topping.