This Chicken Stew is the perfect meal on a cold day. Hearty, thick, and delicious, you’ll love sitting down to a bowl of this stew.
This Chicken Stew is made with juicy chicken meat, tasty mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, and herbs, giving it a full flavor that is super tasty. With a cook time that is less than an hour, this can also make a great weeknight dinner option.
This stew is the ultimate comfort food. Thick and hot, it will warm you up during cold weather and fill you up when you’re looking for a hearty meal at the end of your day. I love this stew for dinner because it’s easy to put together and makes everyone at my table smile.
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless, skinless cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 3 medium carrots peeled and cubed
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 cups water or as needed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1 tsp. pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder optional
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
For the Slurry
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Add oil to the bottom of a large pot. Place it over medium-high heat and add the diced chicken thighs. Stir until the chicken is mostly cooked through.
- Add the onions, stirring and cooking until translucent.
- Then, add the mushrooms, continuing to stir for a few more minutes as they cook.
- To the pot, add the potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and water. Make sure the ingredients are covered by the water and cook for 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of flour. Add it to the stew. Stir. Add the parsley and turmeric, if desired.
- Once the stew is at the desired thickness, it is ready to serve.