- 2 pkg (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsps milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles, reserving 4 triangles for decoration. On , arrange 12 triangles in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of baking stone and points toward the center. (Points will not meet.) Using lightly floured, roll dough to a 14-inch circle, pressing seams together to seal and leaving a 3-in. hole in center.
- For filling, in combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla; mix until smooth using Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; top with pie filling.
- Using cut each remaining triangle into thirds starting at the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point. Arrange dough strips evenly in spoke-like fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown; cool slightly.
- For glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake using Cut into 12 pieces and serve warm using
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 310, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 37 mg, Protein 4 g, Sodium 370 mg, Fiber 0 g
To soften cream cheese, microwave on HIGH 30 seconds