- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 oz Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup Original Taco sauce (can add more if desired)
- 1½- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼-½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½-2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded, (divided) Can add more if desired *See Note
- cilantro & green onions, chopped garnish
- fresh tomatoes, sour cream, black olives, etc.
- Cook spaghetti in salted water, according to the package until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add onions and cook until tender.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add ground beef to pan, using a spatula to break it up into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook beef until done and then drain.
- Add in Rotel, taco sauce and cooked spaghetti, tossing to coat. Reduce the heat to medium-low (to keep warm)
- Mix together taco seasonings and sprinkle over the pasta. Toss to coat.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese. Taste and adjust spices. (Add more cheese if desired) *See note
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and place a lid over the pot to allow the cheese to melt.
- Sprinkle the top with fresh cilantro and chopped green onions
- Plate and top with your favorite taco toppings.
Want a creamy, cheesy taco spaghetti? Replace some of the shredded cheese with American processed cheese for creaminess.