- For the Cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature 2 sticks
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- For the Caramel Icing:
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar on high until fully incorporated and light and fluffy, about 5-6 minutes. Turn mixer to medium speed and mix in eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix. Sift cake flour, baking powder and salt into a medium sized bowl.
- With mixer on slow speed, alternate adding in flour mixture and sour cream ending with flour mixture until mixed through. Do not over mix.
- Spray Bundt cake pan with baking spray or grease and flour them. Pour batter into cake pans and spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until fully baked (but DON’T OVER-BAKE THIS DELICIOUS CAKE- CHECK THEM EARILER SO THEY DON’T DRY OUT). TAKE A TOOTH PICK AND STICK IT INSIDE THE CAKE AFTER ONE HOUR TO DEE IF IT COMES OUT CLEAN.
- Remove cake pans from oven and cool on cooling racks for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and wait until completely cooled to ice.
For the Caramel Icing:
- Add butter, evaporated milk, and sugar to saucepan over medium heat until everything has melted together.
- Leave over medium to low heat stirring periodically for about 1 1/2- 2 hours (watch the entire time to make sure it does not burn or stick but … cook until thickened and caramel has darkened to a lovely
- golden brown.Make sure that the caramel turns Nice and golden like the color of this cake in this photo before stopping the heat.
- It should also thickly coat the back of a spoon to ensure thickness. Be careful to watch, adjusting heat temperature to not let it burn. Remove from heat and add in vanilla extract. Cool for about 15-20 minutes to allow it to thicken before icing the cake.
#Baking #Baking powder #Cake #Caramel #Chocolate Chip #Chocolate Chip Cookie #Cookie #Cream #Flour #Oven #Room temperature #Sour cream #Vanilla extract #Vegetable