If you’re looking for quick and easy low carb meals to make, this cabbage and ground beef skillet is not only healthy and packed full of fiber, it’s incredibly delicious and family friendly! Serve it with rice for the kids or anyone who isn’t following a keto diet.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small head of cabbage (cored & chopped)
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning (*see notes)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove excess fat if there is more than a few tablespoons (a little extra fat is ok).
- Add the chopped onion and bell pepper and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage, diced tomatoes and all seasoning to the pan with the ground beef. Cover with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do a taste test and season with additional salt or seasoning, if needed.
- Sprinkle the cheese over top and cover again until the cheese is melted.
- Enjoy alone or with rice!
- If you don’t have Tony Chachere’s, you’re missing out. I use this seasoning for just about everything including avocado toast, scrambled eggs, pasta, and more. But if you don’t have it on hand, no worries! Just be sure to replace it with some salt and other seasonings of your choice.
- Time Saving Tip: You can buy pre-diced onion and bell pepper in the produce section of most grocery stores.