– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
– 2 tablespoons powdered milk (such as Carnation)
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
– 2 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley, divided
– 1 1/2 stick (12 tablespoons) salted butter, divided
– 1 cup buttermilk
– 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat, set aside. Place 1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons) in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the butter until it is completely melted, about 45 seconds, set aside.
– In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, granulated sugar, powdered milk, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon parsley flakes. Add the melted butter and the buttermilk into the dry ingredients and using a rubber spatula, fold to combine the ingredients.
– Add the cheese and fold into the biscuit dough until combined.
– Drop 2 tablespoons worth of dough that’s been rolled into a uniform shape onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown on the outside. Melt the remaining 1/2 stick of butter (4 tablespoons) in a small microwave-safe bowl, about 30 seconds.
– Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of parsley. Stir with a pastry brush to combine. Remove biscuits from oven when done and immediately brush with melted butter. Serve warm.