Back to Top
- 24 Oreos
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ½ tablespoons butterfinger baking bits
- 1 ¾ cups chocolate candy melts
- 2 tablespoons butterfinger baking bits for garnish
- In a food processor, add in the Oreos and pulse until the cookies are a crumb.
- Once you have a fine crumb, add in the cream cheese. Pulse until a ball forms.
- Add in the butterfinger baking bits and pulse about 5 times to get the bits mixed in. You can also use a spatula and press in if you don’t want your bits cut up at all. There will still be chunks when you pulse it together.
- Scoop the cookie mixture out using a small cookie scoop. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, add the chocolate candy melts. Stir occasionally until the candy melts are smooth and shiny. If you don’t have a double boiler, add a heat-proof glass bowl on top of a saucepan with about an inch of water in it. Place over medium/low heat and let the water simmer underneath. Make sure the water isn’t touching the bowl.
- Dip the bites in the candy melts using a fork. Place back onto the parchment paper to dry. I use a skewer to push the balls off the fork.
- Sprinkle some of the baking bits on top of the candy melts before they dry. It won’t take long for the shell to dry!
- Repeat with all the butterfinger bites. Store in the fridge!