- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 8 oz cream cheese – room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks – room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice – fresh
- 1 ½ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp kosher sea salt
- ¾ cup blueberries – fresh or frozen
- 1 egg – lightly beaten with the milk
- 1 tbsp milk
- ⅓ cup almonds – chopped, we like Lightly Salted Blue Diamond Almonds
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 tbsp butter – melted
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk – OR cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat; set aside.
- Let the puff pastry thaw, then cut into 6 rectangles.
- Using a knife, score a ½-inch border around the edge of each piece. Prick inside the border with a fork, several times.
- In medium size mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt. Using a hand mixer beat just until smooth and creamy. Spoon 3 heaping tablespoons into the middle of each piece of dough (inside the border) and spread into an even layer. Press blueberries into the cream cheese mixture.
- Brush the edges (or border) of the puff pastry with the egg wash. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, place in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and top with chopped almonds, pressing gently into the cream cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients for the glaze and whisk vigorously to combine. Drizzle with a spoon or pastry bag over the tops of each danish in a zig-zag pattern.
https://a398fc20c5a586170d7ca01f74940446.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html-Skip the glaze and simply dust with powdered sugar!
Serving: 6g | Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 703IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2mg