- 9 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Cut the roma tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the jalapenos in half. (Remove the seeds if you’d like a milder salsa)
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the top of the tomatoes and jalapeno and season with salt and pepper.
- On a preheated grill or stove top griller, place the tomatoes and jalapenos face down.
- Cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes and then flip over. Cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and place in a blender or food processor with roughly chopped onion, garlic, cilantro and lime juice and another ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Pulse until your desired thickness of salsa. Check for taste and adjust ingredients as necessary.