“This is a recipe I put together a while back and have been making ever since. My husband says this is my best chicken recipe :)”
- 2 pounds mixed chicken pieces (bone-in skin-on, 1 pound each “bone in” “skin on” chicken pieces, thighs with leg attached or breasts)
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce sauce
- 4 cloves garlic (processed through garlic press)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable oil)
- 2 teaspoons paprika (smoked paprika)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Place the garlic, vinegar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, paprika, thyme, oregano and salt in a large re-sealable plastic bag and mix well.
Add the chicken pieces and swish together to coat the chicken well.
Seal the bag taking out as much of the air as possible and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours, turning every hour.
Pour the contents of the bag in a microwaveable casserole dish and microwave on high for 15 minutes, turning over the chicken every 5 minutes.
Remove the chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
Place the chicken pieces over direct heat of a preheated grill and brush generously with BBQ sauce and cook for a few minutes, turn over and brush with more BBQ sauce and cook for a few more minutes.
Brush the remainder of the sauce over the chicken pieces and move to indirect heat and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the sauce has baked on to the chicken.
- Serving Size: 1 (593.3 g)
- Calories 984.4
- Total Fat – 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat – 8.6 g
- Cholesterol – 412.8 mg
- Sodium – 1505.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate – 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber – 1.8 g
- Sugars – 41 g
- Protein – 88.1 g
- Calcium – 97.2 mg
- Iron – 5.4 mg
- Vitamin C – 2.4 mg
- Thiamin – 0.4 mg