Back to Top
- 2 8-oz packages crescent rolls
- 1 8-oz package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray. Open both packages of crescent rolls and separate into 16 triangles. Arrange 12 triangles in a circle on the pizza pan, with wide edges on the outside of the pan and the points of the crescent triangles in the middle. Press the outer seams together, leaving the points in the middle alone.
- Make cream cheese filling: In a bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the outer edges (about 2″ wide) of the dough, within about 1/2″ of the edge. Spoon pie filling on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Now, take the points of the crescent triangles in the middle of the pizza pan and place them up over the filling, pressing the point into the outer edge. Make your way around the pan doing this, making a circle shape.
- Cut the remaining 4 crescent triangles lengthwise into three strips. You will have 12 small triangle shaped pieces. Going around your circle, place the outer edges of the small triangles into the uncovered filling areas. There should be 12 “empty” spots to place your small triangles. Press the larger seams together on the outside of the ring and the points on the inside of the ring.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Make glaze: combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2-3 tsp. milk and mix until smooth. Drizzle evenly over pastry. Slice into triangles and serve. Enjoy!