- 200g Desiccated Coconut
- 200g Condensed Milk (half a tin)
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract (optional)
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- Heat oven to 160°C (320°F) standard / 140°C (280°F) fan. Add parchment paper to a baking tray.
- Mix the desiccated coconut, condensed milk, and almond extract (optional) togther until fully combined. Divide the mixture in to 12 mounds and place on the lined baking tray – They don’t spread much when baking so you can put them a couple of inches apart and they’ll be fine!
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the macaroons are browning at the edges. Leave to cool on the baking tray.
- Once the macaroons have fully cooled we can add the chocolate! – Melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie / double boiler (this is a pan with shallow boiling water, with a heatproof bowl balanced on it! Add the chocolate in chunks to the bowl and keep stir until melted – don’t let the water touch the bottom of the bowl!). Or alternative microwave the chocolate in 20 second bursts until smooth in a heatproof bowl/jug.
- Dip the bottom of the macaroons in to the dark chocolate one by one, and place back on to the baking tray (bottom side down!). Drizzle any remaining chocolate on top of the macaroons – Enjoy!
- – Store your coconut macaroons in an airtight container in the fridge, where they’ll last for 1+ weeks!
- – The almond extract can be left out if you don’t have any to hand – it just adds a nice flavour!