- 2 cups of butter, sliced into pieces
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- Sprinkles for topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Using a stand mixer (or a spatula in a large bowl) whip together the butter and brown sugar. Mixture should be fluffy!
- 3. Add in the flour in parts. Try 1 cup at a time, adding more as each cup disappears and mixes in.
- 4. On a wooden board ( I used my lazy susan) lightly flour the surface and transfer the dough onto it. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes and then roll it out until it is 1 in thick.
- 5. Cut out the rolled dough using a cookie cutter and then using a spatula, transfer each cookie cut out onto a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle the sprinkles on each cookie (optional).
- 6. Bake for 10 minutes or until the bottom edges turn golden.