Cheese Breadsticks make the perfect side for Italian night! Easy homemade pizza dough brushed with butter, topped with garlic and herbs, and lots of cheese!
- 1 pound (550g) pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (225g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup (40g) grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, pizza stone or pizza pan, set aside.
- Roll or stretch the dough into a 12×10″ rectangle. (Don’t worry about this being perfect)
- Combine the melted butter and garlic powder. Brush over the shaped dough. Top with cheeses, herbs, and salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Slice into breadsticks and serve with pizza sauce if desired.
- If you are using a pizza stone: Preheat the stone while making the pizza. Be sure to make your pizza on a peel or a piece of parchment paper. Slide the pizza off the peel and on to the stone or transfer the pizza parchment paper and all on to the hot stone.