Apple Fritters – deep fried homemade dessert filled with apples, cinnamon and coated in cinnamon sugar or covered with sweet glaze…you just can’t get enough of them!
The ultimate comfort food that never fails: homemade chicken soup with egg noodles! Quick and easy way to beat the cold or just satisfy the craving.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast cut half
- 1 cup baby carrots diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1 and 1/2 cup wide noddles
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up olive oil in a stock pot.
- Add chicken breast and brown on both sides, 2 minutes or so.
- Remove the chicken onto a plate and set aside.
- Add diced veggies to the pot. Add more oil if needed.
- Saute for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back. Add stock or broth, Italian seasoning and oregano.
- Bring to boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook until done.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I cut the chicken breast in half to speed up the cooking time. You can dice the chicken and cook it that way too.
Just a couple notes about the veggie mix I used in this recipe. I used baby carrots for two reasons: they are sweeter and you don’t need to peel them. Just diced them up and throw into the stock pot. Also, my kiddos love baby carrots so I always have them on hand! I didn’t use an onion in this recipe because our kids don’t like it and I don’t feel the need for it but you can definitely add 1/2 of a cup of diced onion to the veggie mix. Like with almost every savory recipe on my site, I encourage you to adjust it to your likings.